Friday, 16 August 2013

105. Supportive Rugby Moms

Surrounded by cheers which sounded more like shrieking, I found myself in a pool of mothers. Being 17, a pool of mother would be the last thing I would want to find myself in. What more screaming ones?

These mothers however weren't yelling the normal words of "Why aren't you studying". or "Please pack your room".
Instead, they were screaming, that the top of the lungs, the words of " GO AC

You could blame it on my lack of exposure to the World of sports but yesterday was the first time in my life did I see such supportive mothers. In addition to their enthusiastic chant of " GO AC" one of the mothers actually made shakers out of metal cans to give more volume to their cheering. Never would I have imagined a mother would go to that extend. Observing them from the back, it looked as if they were cheering for their favorite boy band. It was an eye-opener for me and definitely something I would remember for life. Looking at how the boys on the field were sweating their butts off, I stared in admiration at their passion for the sport. It required one not only to be fast but also aggressive. It needed stamina and strategy. If you haven't already figured, I was watching a rugby game.

As Steve works as a part-time referee, going for rugby matches is part of my norm now. Though I don't really talk about it, it's something I attend a lot. Well, I don't really have much to blog about today but I guess that was my account of a my encounter with what I now call, the support rugby mums cheering for their sons. 


Here's a picture of the Saints team to end off. You guys have no idea how proud I am of you. 
xoxo 



No comments:

Post a Comment