10 Tips to fight insomnia
1. Avoid coffee at any time and alcohol at night.
2. Drink some water before sleep and keep a glass by your bedside.
When you are dehydrated, your pulse rate goes up,
leading to the anxiety that plagues so many people.
3. Rid your room of electronic gadgets which may emit harmful radiation.
4. Aim to be in bed by 10 p.m. at least twice a week.
5. Wind down before bed. Avoid late-night discussions or exciting films.
6. If you are worried about something,
visualize yourself putting the problem in a file,
placing the file in the drawer and locking it away until the morning.
7. Keep a pad and paper by your bed to write down brilliant ideas or nagging problems.
8. Avoid tight-fitting clothes in bed. Wear a loose nightgown or a big shirt.
9. Eat your evening meal early and make it light.
10. Have a firm, comfortable bed with one or two soft,
downy pillows to support your neck.
Try not to sleep on your stomach because it tends to give you neck ache.
Taken from: Total Beauty by Sarah Stacey & Josephine Fairley