Sunday, 5 January 2014

Study Series: Motivation - (Part 2)

 To continue, here are some ways I use to help myself study better. This might not work for all as to each its own, but I'm willing to share with you if you are open to receive. 

"You should be studying" 


1. Put your phone away - I know your phone can be really addictive. However, when you are doing your revision, turn off your data and disconnect yourself from the world a little. It may seem impossible but that's the only way to full concentrate on what you want to do. You may check your phone after an hour of studying, but do make sure you don't exceed 5 mins per rest session. 


2. Get yourself a drink - I don't know about you, but I really like to have a drink beside me when I'm studying. It can range from water, coffee or anything you prefer. Having a drink will keep you awake, as well as, fill up your stomach when you're studying. This will prevent you from snacking on unhealthy food. 


3. Balance it out - If you're studying for 3 hours, alternate your subjects. Don't go on an all math day kinda thing. You can do an hour of math, an hour of humanities and an hour of science. Balance out your subjects so you won't feel so bored and draggy. 


4. Have a goal - Before you start your revision, have a plan of what you want to achieve. Don't plan something too crazy or draining. You know your own pace best. Hence, go according to your pace and decide what you want to achieve within a particular day. If you start early, a chapter a day shouldn't be a problem. 


5. Don't stress yourself out - Stressing yourself out wouldn't be of any good. It will in fact cause you to have unnecessary anxieties and this will not help you in your memory. As such, start your revision early as this would then prevent the stress of last minute studying or revision. 


6. Sufficient Sleep - The lack of sleep will reduce your ability to remember things. Hence, make sure you have sufficient sleep throughout preparation and the night before the major exam. Most of the time, your performance depends a lot on how you are feeling that day. Therefore, you need to make sure you are at your best. 


7. Question Exposure - Make sure you do a variety of school papers from different schools to expose yourself to all the question types. This is really important as it will allow you to see things from a different point of view or solve a question by using a different methods.

8. Rest Day - Lastly, have a rest day once you're done with a whole week of studying. And on that day, play hard :-) 
I usually motivate myself by thinking about the future and so this would drive me to study. I would also use this drive to propel me further as I know this would bring me another step close to the bigger dream I want to achieve. 


 I do hope part 1 & 2 have helped you guys in some way or another. Keep on pushing and never give up. The only battle defeated is the one you called end yourself. Do feel free to post any questions to my ask.fm - http://ask.fm/KimberleyYong - Good luck everyone, all the best! 





xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment