Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Ask.fm: Questions About Working Out (Part 1)

Q1: How to lose weight? 

(1) Do your cardio, 30 minutes minimum. If you don't have time to do it everyday, go for 3 times a week.

(2) Eat clean. Have a balanced diet and eat properly. Don't starve yourself. That is not the way to go if you want to lose weight he healthy way. Nonetheless, don't restrict yourself too much as well. Once in awhile, allow yourself to snack on the stuff you love. This will allow you to feel happy as your body isn't deprived of the food it likes. No one said you have to cut off junk 100%, just don't eat them on a daily basis. I know you may like to snack on a certain kind of food but, if you want that body, you have to make sacrifices.

(3) Sleep well. Having enough sleep is important as it will allow your body to get the sufficient rest it needs. Working out without a good sleeping pattern wouldn't be as effective. You need to give your body the required amount of rest its needs after a good workout for the results to show. Read up more on this if you need to. My advice aren't the best out there. As such, Google this and read up on how sleeping affects your workout.

(4) Drink water. I'm sure you know this but 8 glasses of water everyday is a must. I personally don't drink 8 classes and this is something I do have to work on too. Therefore, if you need, carry a water bottle around and constantly refill it whenever you've finished. Don't give yourself any excuse.


Q2: If I workout a lot, must I still watch my diet? 

Yes, you do. Working out is just 20%, your diet and how you sleep makes up the other 80%. It is very important for you to eat clean. If you don't, you're just letting your earlier efforts go to waste. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be munching on a bag of chips right after an intense and productive workout right? That's not going to do you any good. You're probably just gonna gain back all the fats you lost earlier during the workout you had. 


Q3: How to reduce the fats on my arms? 

Cardio + Arm workout routines + Push ups 

Push up will not specifically burn the fats around the arms but it does aid in fat loss as it increase your metabolism rate. Push ups are a form of strength training and though it it cannot directly help you lose weight or fats, it does still play a role in your training. Therefore, pair your push ups with your cardio and you may choose to do it either before or after your cardio. If you can't decide whether you want to do it before or after your cardio, ask yourself what is your main goal? What do I mean?

Read this to better understand: http://www.livestrong.com/article/416276-should-i-do-sit-ups-push-ups-before-or-after-my-cardio/

Being girls, I know some of you might have that phobia for going to the gym, especially if you're alone. As such, here's an arm workout routine you can do in the very comfort of your own home. All you need are just weights and a workout mat. Nonetheless, if you prefer going to the gym, you may do so. As for me, I hit the gym once a week (Sunday) and workout at home for the rest. 



Q4: Suggest workouts that would help reduce thigh size and get nice abs? 

For slim thighs, do endurance running. Endurance running decreases the size of the muscles, as well as reduce fat all around the muscle to make the thighs smaller. Therefore, if you are aiming to slim down your thighs, endurance running with little or no incline will be a suitable exercise to adopt regularly. If you're a beginner or someone that dislikes running for whatever reason, start with a manageable distance before you increase. (2.4 km)

If you want to work on your inner thighs, Blogilates have pretty good inner thigh workouts as well. Go on YouTube and check her out. Set a legs day and do them once a week if you don't have the luxury of time. What I suggest would be to do 3/4 videos on that day. Doing 1 video wouldn't really have that much of an effect. Therefore, if you want to see the results, you've got to train hard, maximize your time, and keep pushing yourself. 

For abs, you got to train your core. If you're serious about it, look up Youtube for the great variety of core workout routines and follow them. Personally, videos by Blogilates and XHIT are my favorites. I don't train my core daily but if you want, doing 2-3 videos daily will definitely tone up those muscles for sure. Combine them with some cardio (running) and I'm sure the results will start to show.


If you're in a rush or have a very busy schedule, there's no excuse as well. XHIT have videos that provide a 3 to 10 minutes core workout, and I'm sure you will be able to find time to squeeze in a short routine. Sometimes, people like to use being busy as an excuse and say that they don't have time. Nonetheless, if you really want to get that body, you need to put in the effort and make some changes in your life in order to make it happen. Remember working out should be a part of your lifestyle, not a chore. However, if 5 minutes everyday is really too much for you to handle, you should consider getting an organizer to help you better manage your time. 


PS: I really hoped this post answered some of your questions. Like I always say, I am no expert. I am just someone sharing with you what I know. If I did make a mistake, I would appreciate it if you guys correct me in a nice way. I really do hope you guys won't hate on me and start giving me negative comments. Just like everyone else, I am human. And being human, I'm sure we all know no one is perfect. Therefore, since we're all on this fitness journey together, we should be standing by each other, not going against. We should guide and support each other so that we all can push one another to reach our goals and fullest potential. I sincerely hope you guys know where I'm coming from :) This applies to all my subsequently Q&A for fitness related topics. And so, with that, I've come till the end of this mini Q&A about working out and fitness. If you have any more questions, feel free to post them to - http://ask.fm/KimberleyYong -


Eat clean. Go beast mode. Train like an angel.


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment